Dairy Industry News and Features

Ad Test 2

Our Weekly News Bulletin is available by email. To receive it please email info@ipmsltd.co.uk.

Note, all standard litre prices are those quoted by www.milkprices.com and are based on the following:
The liquid standard litre 4% bf, 3.3% protein, 30,000/ml Bactoscans, 200,000/ml SCC, 1 million litres a year on EODC but before seasonality, monthly profile payments, balancing, B price additions, capital retentions or annual incentive schemes. The manufacturing standard litre is to exactly the same specification with the exception of 4.2%bf and 3.4% protein.

Remember this bulletin continues to be available free of charge and takes Ian & the team considerable time to produce. The only encouragement to keep producing it is a combination of enthusiasm, tag sales & enquiries from our readers.  All views expressed in this bulletin are those of Ian Potter Associates and a shed load of dairy farmers.  It is necessarily short and cannot deal with various issues that arise in any detail.  As a result it must not be relied on as giving sufficient advice in any specific case.  Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the content but neither Ian Potter Associates nor Ian Potter personally can accept any liability for any errors or omissions.  Professional advice must always be taken before any decision is reached.  For our privacy policy please click here.

South Caernarfon Creamery to stand on until 1st December

This maintains producers manufacturing standard litre milk price at 28.03ppl and based on a liquid standard litre at 27.09ppl.

Read More

Pensworth Dairy (Liquid) to stand on until 1st November

This maintains producers manufacturing standard liquid litre milk price at 26ppl

Read More

Crediton Dairy (Liquid) to stand on until 1st December

This maintains producers manufacturing standard litre milk price at 28.5ppl including the 0.5ppl metrics bonus.

Read More

1ppl Milk Price increase for Yew Tree Dairy (AKA Woodcocks) suppliers – from 1st November

This increase takes producers standard liquid litre price to 27.10ppl for Yew Tree A litres which are currently 81% of milk supplied. The remaining 19% is paid at a B price based on market returns.

Read More

1.1ppl Milk Price increase for Cotteswold Dairy (Liquid) suppliers – from 1st November

This increase takes producers standard liquid litre price to circa 26.6ppl.

Read More

1ppl Milk Price increase for Pattemores (Liquid) suppliers – from 1st October

This increase takes producers standard liquid litre price to 27.25ppl and based on a manufacturing standard litre to 28.115ppl.

Read More

1ppl Milk Price increase for Muller Direct Suppliers – from 1st November

This increase takes producers standard liquid litre price to 27.25ppl, including the 1ppl Muller Direct Premium which is paid post the year end as effectively a 13th payment in January. Note Muller Direct suppliers in Scotland receive a reduced standard litre price of 27ppl due to the 0.25ppl Scottish haulage charge.

Read More

WANTED – AG 125 or 150 Hybrid Cubicle Spreader

On an A Frame / 3 point linkage with Tilt / Self Loading. Photos and details to lydia@ipmsltd.co.uk

Read More

Record farmgate 40ppl organic milk price

The 60 New Zealand North Island organic farmers supplying Fonterra received a record 2019/2020 milk price of 39.54ppl ($10.19/kg milk solids at the average September exchange rate). Numbers of organic farmers supplying the Co-op has increased to 74 with a further 25 in conversion.

Read More

New Chairman of Dairy UK

Ash Amirahmadi (AKA Arla UK MD) is the new chairman of processor led association Dairy UK and succeeds Glanbia’s CEO Paul Vernon who has completed a sucessful 3 year term of office.

Read More

OMSCO aims to introduce a member investment levy

OMSCO’s 250 plus farmer members could soon be asked to vote on a levy of up to 1ppl to fund further investment in processing with a view to adding value to members milk having previously taken the decision to move away from brokering members milk to 3rd parties.  If approved the levy could be required from early 2021 as part funding for a current investment/initiative.

Read More

The UK’s favourite branded cheddar hits the US market

Cathedral City cheddar will be available across 2,000 plus retail outlets in the USA during November. The export launch comes less than a month of Saputo’s announcement that 500 Canadian stores would be selling the cheese.  To put this in perspective Tesco has under 2,700 stores in the UK so the combined Canadian and US outlets stocking the country’s favourite cheddar will likely be equivalent to the same number of UK Tesco Stores only the average US store will be bigger! Full marks Saputo because there is no secret that all involved with one of our major retailers have been told to cut prices in preparation for a major recession mirroring the post war recession.

Read More